Twitter Unveils its First Subscription Service Offering Exclusive Features
Twitter announced on Thursday the launch of Twitter Blue, the company’s first subscription service designed for power users willing to pay a monthly fee for exclusive features.
It’s the company’s first attempt at a subscription business model and could diversify Twitter’s revenue streams. Advertising makes up more than 86% of Twitter’s revenue, according to its first-quarter earnings report.
Twitter Blue users will get an Undo Tweet feature that allows them to set a customizable timer of up to 30 seconds to take back a tweet if it needs to be fixed. The feature is not quite an edit button, a feature often requested by users, but it will allow subscribers to preview what their tweets look like and adjust them before they’re published.
Other features include:
- Bookmark Folders so users can organize tweets they save.
- A Reader Mode that makes it easier to read long threads.
- The option to customize the Twitter app icons on their phones.
- Access to color themes for the Twitter app.
- Dedicated customer support.