Pakistan Regrets As India Postpones Scheduled Meeting Of Kartarpur Corridor
LAHORE MIRROR (Monitoring Desk)– Pakistan has regretted last-minute decision by the Indian government to postpone upcoming meeting on Kartarpur Corridor scheduled on April 2 at Wagah.
Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal said in a tweet today that Pakistan and India had jointly agreed to hold next round of talks during March 14’s meeting, adding the meeting was focused to discuss and find consensus on outstanding issues.
The spokesperson said Pakistan regretted the Indian decision and termed it as ‘incomprehensible.
He said the ‘last minute postponement without seeking views from Pakistan after a productive technical meeting on March 19.
Earlier in the day, the FO spokesperson had confirmed that Pakistan and India will hold another meeting on opening Kartarpur Corridor on April 2.
The next round of talks was scheduled to be held in Pakistan’s Wagah.
Dr Faisal, in his Twitter message, invited Indian media to Pakistan for coverage of the meeting between Islamabad and New Delhi for Kartarpur Corridor. He added that the Indian journalists could apply to Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi to get their visas.
Earlier on March 19, a three-hour long meeting of technical experts from Pakistan and India held to finalize the Kartarpur Corridor alignment at Zero point.
During the meeting, the technical experts indicated areas related to the corridor and both sides agreed for border fencing around the Kartarpur corridor, sources said.
“Representatives from both sides will present survey reports of today’s meeting to their respective sides”, the sources said. Both the sides had agreed to meet again on April 2 at Wagah.
In November last year, Prime Minister Imran had laid the foundation stone for the corridor.
Former Indian cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu, Indian Minister for Food Harsimrat Kaur Badal and Indian Minister for Housing Hardeep S Puri had attended the groundbreaking ceremony.
SOURCE: ARY NEWS